Monday, December 04, 2006

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!

Oh.....my.....gosh!!! What a son we have! He is simply a kick. He is sitting next to me now stacking Airhead bars. Before that he was organizing hair ties and before that colored pencils in his stacking cups. He loves to fill, empty, fill, empty any kind of container all the while with a HUGE smile on his face. He is such a pleasure....busy.....determined....strong....a wanderer.....a tease...and a happy little guy.

Let me tell you what else I have learned about him in the 7 hours since we met him.

He HATES elevators. When we got to Civil Affairs to meet him his auntie was trying to catch him before he ran down the stairs. He was crying and very unhappy. We had some matchbox cars in his backpack that his little XiaoXian friend Megan gave us and they saved the day!!! He stopped crying and let Daddy hold him and play. When we finished our time at Civil Affairs we had to walk down 7 flights of stairs because he is terrified of the elevator. Hmmmm...doesn't like confined spaces. The flight home should be a dream.

He was so frightened in the elevator to the 17th floor of the Holiday Inn that he peed all over the floor. Those split pants he came in let it dribble all onto the floor. We have him in a pull up which is a very good thing because we have also found that he has diarrhea. I'm thinking giardia is likely rooming in his belly as the smell is divine.

He cannot be left alone with an open container of liquid. There is a huge water spot in the middle of the bed, and I've had milk poured down the inside of my sweater.

He LOVES meat. He shares his snacks. He has a hearty laugh. He loves to be tickled. He knows that I am Mama and that Daddy is "Da" and that Lan is Jie Jie. They gave us back our photo book we sent and it was well handled. Someone has been looking at it.

He is very smart. He plays much more like a two year old than nearly four year old but it doesn't take him long to catch on. I put on my purse and he immediately grabbed his shoes and pointed to his socks. He knew purse meant going out of the room.

He does NOT appear to indulge in pleasure when playing in water as his reports state. We are going to have to work on that.

He is very good about taking his medicine. He loves the stroller but the grocery store is very stroller unfriendly!! He does not appear to have had soda and he immediately spit out onto the table the soda he sipped a the noodle shop.

It is absolutely uncanny how much he reminds of Taisha. It is like reliving her adoption 10 years ago. It is kind of freaking us out because it feels all like deja vu. He looks like her, walks and talks like her, laughs like her and has the very same stinky poop like her (sorry Taisha but your poop was awfully stinky at first. Its just the truth!)

We are very tired and wondering what night will be like with him. He is a fantastic litle boy who has alot more baby still in him than I expected. He is fit right in with the Ellisons. We have been extremely blessed. I cannot believe he gets to go home with us and stay forever. He is a GEM!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww .... what a great post!!! I'm so, so happy for you all. He is so darling on the CHI homepage. He looks so well. I can't wait to hear more and hopefully you'll figure out that photo thing soon -- we need to see more pics of your little man! Happy travels, happy transitions, happy all around!
Rebecca (Winter & Wolfie's mama)

Patti said...

Yippee!! We are SO very happy for all of you! Hugs from Megan and her Mama

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to see your post and know that things are going well, Stefani. I'd been thinking about all of you this weekend and wondering how it was going. Congratulations on a great first day. Now figure out how to get those pictures up!
Mary Y.

Anonymous said...

Ammon!
Ammon!
Ammon!
Ammon Ellison.
Life has changed.
Love has sought you out...

-Wanda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Stefani, n and all! Thank you for sharing all about your little man.
Barbra King

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

He is absolutely a gem!!!!

Love the photo on the CHI home page!!!

Anonymous said...

Who needs language to communicate? That smile on his face is worth a thousand words.

Tami P.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ellison family!! Ammon is just so handsome! I loved reading your post and look forward to hearing more about Ammon's Adventures. Figure out the picture problem soon, we need more pics, LOL!

Enjoy your time in China and with your handsome new son.
Hugs, NAncy

Anonymous said...

Oh Stefani! He's a beautiful, beautiful boy! He sounds SO much like Kai!!! The dumping, the open containers...I hope your night went well, and we can't wait to hear more! Congratulations!!!!

Tina

Mom, MOM! said...

Stefani!!!!!

THis is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful--thank you for sharing this with all of us at home (holding our breaths for this long was getting old! lol).

Congratulations!!!!!!

Lynda

Anonymous said...

Oh Stefani! Only you could write a message that truly makes me laugh, cry and gasp ... all while EVERY hair on my body stands up! LOL! Ammon is adorable! Can't wait for you to get those pictures loaded up! I really REALLY want to see one with your face by his face. Two happy spirits. I am sending Baba, Mama, Jie Jie and Di Di SO much love today. XXXOOO, Holly (PS-Janie was terrified of elevators at first, too. She got used to them quickly, but still stepped very gingerly over the door crack when entering & exiting. Still does. LOL!)

Anonymous said...

Ellisons!!!!
I am so very happy to read this post. What does Lan think of her little bro??? I can see Baba right now with a HUGE smile across his face. I know how he was itching to get ahold of his little boy. Ammon looks as sweet as can be. Makes me think of my precious boy. Hey, think ya could swing by his swi and visit with him??? haha Have fun! Take time to cherish every memory. This is a very special time for your family. Take the time to remember the smells, sounds, and sights. Lots of love is being sent your way.
Hugs,
Wendy

Anonymous said...

You all have been on my mind non stop wondering how it is going! He is adorable, and sounds all boy. Hope you brought your running shoes! Poor Taisha...I am sure she is LOVING your descriptions! congrats on your darling boy. Deb S. in Az.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!! I bet you could just eat him up! He looks so cuddly and sweet...I am suprised blogger hasn't blown up w/all of us checking to see how things were going...we are all so happy for the Ellison family!!! Congratulations Ammon, you got a super family of your very own!!!

Marcy in KY

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! He DOES look like Taisha, he is gorgeous, oh boy! He sounds like fun and like Robert and Aaron will have a lot to teach him about boy stuff since he has some catching up to do. He couldn't have any better teachers.
I couldn't post pictures to Blogger until I got to Guangzhou, so save up the good ones and be ready to download a ton for our eager eyes.

Marji

The "H" Family said...

Elisons!

Hooray! We are celebrating with you in Ferndale! That boy is absolutely gorgeous, so full of life and perfectly placed with your clan. We're praying for God's mercy during the days ahead. Savor these sweet days, soon you'll not remember the days when Ammon wasn't home! Much Love, Amanda H & the girls