
It is now 4:37 am in Hefei, China, and the first moment we have to post. With the blizzard in th e midwest, although it didn't directly affect our flight, we were ultimately affected. We started our journey at the airport behind throngs of people who had to rebook. The blessing was that on our flight from SF to Beijing the whole row next to us must have been snowed in and didn't make the flight and we got the WHOLE extra row. WAHOO!
We started 2 hours late from SF because as we pulled back the tire blew up. They fixed the tire but lost our air space over Russia. They found a new route over Russia but now had not enought fuel to cover the extra 2 hours the new route would take.
We got to Beijing hours late and had 5 minutes to change and shower to meet with the BOIT directors. More on that meeting later.
Sunday morning we went to the LangFang Children's Village to see our girls' tile on the Hands of Hope wall. What an impressive and touching experience! And best of all we got to play withe the wee babes there. What a village they have! I will post some pictures later but it is amazing indeed.
Amy Eldridge got snowed in and her flight canceled so our dinner had to be as well. What a bummer!
We are now just hours from meeting our son and the little we have seen of Hefei is just wonderful.
Wish us well. We are ready. Hoping to share the REALLY GOOD news shortly that we have Ammon. Can this moment get any more exciting????????


10 comments:
Stefani,
I can hardly wait to hear about Ammon!! Glad to hear that you are having a good time. It is soooooooo nice to finally here from you.
Hugs,
Wendy
SO wonderful to read all the news from you, Stefani!! In spite of changes in your schedule (!) you are moving toward Ammon ... and that makes everything "going just as it should." :-) Lan looks lovely in that photo! Can't wait to see more!! I am glued to your blog. XXXOOO, Holly
Dear Stefani - we were so happy to read that you, Steve and Lan are traveling together to welcome Ammon into your family. We can hardly wait to read that you are finally, finally united. We are praying that precious Ammon's transition to your loving arms will go smoothly. Can it really be 2 years, 2 months that our family was in Hefei to meet our sweet Maddie?! I hope Frank is still working in the restaurant at the Holiday Inn - you'll be well cared for!! love, Janice and family
Hello to all my family!
I'm getting things fine now that you put the blog on my computer. Just waiting to get the news and pictures that you have my 30th grandchild in your arms.
By the way the itinery you left me ends when you get on the plane in Bejing on the 14th. I have no idea what time you arrive home or flight #.
Mum
Stefani,
Glad you made it to Beijing safe and sound. I keep checking your blog over and over. Our kids have even started coming in and asking, "Does she have him yet?!?!" Can't wait to read the good news and see Ammon's smiling face!
Sharon :)
Stefani, boy am I glad you posted something, I have been checking this blog ALL DAY!!! Can't wait to see the next post with sweet little Ammon's face!!! Yippeeee!
hugs,
Angela
Stefani and Crew... this is absolutely amazing!! By now you have your little one Ammon. :)
No snow, blown tires or delays can keep you from him!
Stay safe, you're all in my prayers!
Sue
Stefani, we're waiting with baited breath for you to finally meet Ammon. We've been praying for you all, and thinking of you all day! Can't wait for the BIG announcement!
Love, Patti and the rest of the gang in Ohio
Dear Stefani,
I hope that you are having a nice time at Hefei. I know that Ammon will be fun! ;-)
Hugs from Amy (Patt's daughter from Vietnam)
Stefani,
I know that you are probably with Ammon now.. and I can't wait for an update!! I am so happy for you and your family. I am praying that all goes well. Much Love, Karen R.
Post a Comment