Thursday, April 17, 2008

Post surgery 4/16/08









And we had an incredible day. Lan is one strong and feisty scrapper. If only I could be as brave. She couldn't understand why she kept seeing two Spongebob's on the TV and I could only see one. She handled the first day magnificently....but the nerve block hasn't worn off yet. That will happen today.

She cried this morning 4/17 for the first time...not specifically from pain but from boredom which I really think was the result of all the stress. She is now fingerpainting.

She was most pained by the IV and finally got that taken out. HOORAY! She has felt the first weird sensation in her foot. She says it feels like her "leg is vibrating". She is also starting feel some phantom pains. Her brain remembers there should be a foot, even if there is not one there.

We will be here until at least tomorrow. The block will wear off and then the real pain reality will set in. She's a trooper!

14 comments:

Holly said...

I am SO GLAD to read this update and hear that things are going well. Lan looks beautiful and brave. Marji's girls look sweet, helpful and kind. Stef - you look like the angel that you are. Does the Doc have a hand injury? I will continue to pray for Lan's comfort ant strength. And for peace and energy for you, Stef, and all who love Lan. Sending you so much love from Colorado, XXXOOO, Holly

Anonymous said...

Stefani,

I'm so glad that Lan (and you!) are through the surgery and moving on to the recovery. She is such a brave little girl and lucky to have her loving mama by her side. Hang in there and we'll be praying for a short hospital stay so Lan can head back home to recover surrounded by the rest of her family.

Kelly, Mike, and the rest of the Henrys

Sharon said...

Lan, I'm so glad to hear that you are doing okay! You are one brave girl! :)

You'll be home before you know it!

Hugs from South Carolina!
Sharon, Marty, Josh, Kristen, Keith, Brice, Brinley and Bailey

Angel said...

OH SWEET GIRL! :0( I am so glad she is doing well. I hope the pain isn't too bad for her. Angel

Kooky said...

What a good update! I was thinking about you guys today at work! I'm glad Lan is out of surgery and seems to be doing well. Boredom?! HA! Not for long, I'm sure!

You guys are such inspirations for others. Lan? Bless you! You ARE one trooper, as your mom says you are. Psssst, so is your mom! ;o)

*will keep reading for more progress updates* Thank God you guys are doing well. Hopefully the pain block will wear off and she'll be totally ok! Praying for that!

Kristen and the "fun bunch"
http://crazykookybutallmine.blogspot.com

Ginger said...

Sending good thoughts your way Lan! from the Healy family! we love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lan! I am so happy to hear you got that old IV out, those things are awful! You look like a princess being wheeled around in that chair by Mama! I am glad that you are feeling well enough to eat food, hope they bring something you like on the tray. Sometimes people think hospital food isnt as good as McDonalds. big hugs, Delanie, Luke, Catherine and Piper Sorensen (we will have fun in June!)

The Evans Family said...

Hi Lan! You are so brave and we think and pray for you everyday! You are such a beautiful princess. Lots of hugs and kisses from all of us here in Georgia.

Stefani, lots of love and strength to you!

Tina, Dave, Sarah, Grace, Analiese, and Matthew

Chelley said...

Thank you for taking the time to update us.... Lan has been playing on my mind..
I have ben praying that pain will be no more than she can bare.

Anonymous said...

Hi to my sweethearts! If you are staying tomorrow I will come up as I know Lan wanted me to visit her as I did Ammon. If you are stopping here let me know what time so I can be here. People keep calling to get an update. You are BOTH so brave.
Love
Grandma

The Lucky Ones said...

How wonderful it is to see Lan's oh-so-stunning and God-kissed smile. Hope you are all hanging in there. Please know that you all remain in our prayers.

ellieshine said...

Lan,

You are in our prayers here in Australia. We're so thankful you're doing so well.

Cheers,

Ellie, Matt, Jonah, Isabella, Elijah and Tia Witt

Anonymous said...

Lan,
You are a wonderful little princess. Recover quickly and I will see you and spend time with you next week.
Miss you Stefani. The office is lonely.
Have a good trip home!!!

Marcy said...

Lan has one of those "wise beyond her years" faces...when you see her so tiny in bed, it remind you that she is just a little girl. So happy to hear that the surgery went well. She will continue to be in our prayers through her recovery. Hope the coming days are smooth and she just continues to amaze us all

Marcy in KY