Friday, May 25, 2007

To Ammon's Army


I did pretty good holding it together until we had to sit our children down after they got home from school and share the news with them. Of course their first question from all of them was whether this meant Ammon was going to die. And now I feel like he should not walk up or down the stairs, stand on a stool, do anything without a big old helmet on his head.

We are worried about our son. We didn't "sign on" for a brain tumor/cyst when we adopted him. But we signed on 200% to be his parents and whatever it takes to help him, we are wholeheartedly committed. We are his family. He is our heart.

I hope I can show the same strength I have witnessed over and over by so many of you. I am positive that I will need your shoulders to help carry us.

As I came back tonight and read all of your supportive messages, I found myself reading them amid the plunk, slatter, plop of tears dripping off the bottom of my chin. Ammon has been not just my child but he has been CHI's child. There was so much advocacy from this group as it was time for his file to go back and no family had stepped forward. You all took him into your hearts and earnestly prayed him home. Little did any of us know it would be OUR home but what a fantastic surprise.

Once again, prayers are being invoked in his behalf. We have prayers from all faiths pouring out tonight for our little boy and I am so grateful. There are prayers in English, Chinese, and Hebrew. There are supplications from those believing in a myriad of religions and philosophies rising together to cradle him in their power.

Again, thank you for your encouragement. The outpouring for Ammon has touched us greatly.

No comments: